The s107g helicopter is probably the best $20 I’ve ever spent on an RC. It’s durable to where it can withstand my kids retrieving it and the falls it takes when it gets too close to the ceiling. It’s been used so much I’m considering getting the additional parts kit with new fins for an additional $6.
Don’t get a fake
You’ll want to make sure that you get a genuine SYMA s107g helicopter. There are sites out there that will tell you how to know if the helicopter is a fake and you’d be surprised how many people are aware of how to spy a fake. The SYMA s107g is available from Amazon typically around $20 ($19.25 at the time of this article) but it’s also available from various sellers. So it’s worth taking a minute to read the reviews of the sellers to make sure they don’t sell fakes.
- Lots of fun at a cheap price
- Very stable
- Easy to charge with USB cord or Remote
- Charges quickly (30 minutes)
- Lithium battery
- IR Remote actually performs ok
- Nervous you might get a fake – easy to detect if you are buying from a physical store.
- IR remote control isn’t ideal but it’s understandable with the cheap price.
- Range isn’t good enough for large flight area’s just for small homes.